Monday, October 24, 2011

Aurora Borealis

One of my absolute dreams in life has been able to see the Northern Lights. Living in Ohio doesn't make this very possible all that often. Anytime there is a possibility I drag my husband and sometimes my siblings down to the lake to watch for the beautiful colored curtains dancing in the sky. I always leave disappointed. One time last year it did seem like a candle flickering though and that was really neat.

Tonight while on Facebook I saw a post about being able to see them in Ohio tonight, I ran outside to look expecting to see nothing, and at first I didn't. Upon closer examination I saw the most beautiful shades of red. I yelled for Kyle and literally started jumping up and down in the front yard like a little girl. I was so excited, I STILL am! I can't believe it.

I went back out a little later, camera in hand but by that time they had gone away. I would have really loved to have pictures to show, but hopefully there will be a next time and that I will be able to capture this beauty to post here.

Seriously. So. Freaking. Happy. I finally saw them!

2 comments:

  1. i would love to see the northern lights sometime too. but here in alabama that probably won't be happening anytime soon. glad you got to see a bit of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :] Although it doesn't happen all the time (like here), they are sometimes visible in Alabama! I was just watching a news report and it said that they were actually viewable down there last night too :]

    ReplyDelete