Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Little Getaway

In just two more days Kyle and I will be going on our little getaway for our slightly late anniversary celebration. We are so excited. We will only be 10 minutes away from home but I kind of like it that way. The kids will be staying with his parents one day, and mine the next. We will come home Monday and start getting ready for Trick or Treating which will also be super exciting! We are going to have the cutest little superheroes in the whole neighborhood.

I think this couple day break will be really good for Kyle and I. We never get to do this. Ever. A lot of people get babysitters and date nights. We don't. Barely ever. Once a year if that. I'm not saying anything is wrong with the people who do and can do that, in fact I think it's amazing. We just don't. I think since we don't it's also going to make it harder to leave them for two days. The only time I am away is when I'm at work or need to run to the store. I also have this fear in my head that they'll think we left them and aren't coming back since we'll not just be gone for one day, but two. That would really break my heart for them to think that. I predict they'll get lots of surprise phone calls from Mommy & Daddy showering love to them over the phone this weekend. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment